Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Charlie Brown ICE Christmas

My wonderful Papa invited us to go to ICE! Mike, Hailey, and I were able to go, along with my mom and brother. This year the theme was A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Shultz. Most everything you see in the pictures (except us of course) is made from ICE! It truely is amazing how much detail is put into each and everything. I can only imagine the time it must take to make each item....

Anyway, it was absolutely FREEZING in the the exhibit (to keep the ice from melting) so they give you special blue coats to keep you warm. However, they do NOT provide socks or gloves.... Hailey refused to wear socks, and Mike forgot his gloves, making them BOTH miserable about half way through....

Here is a picture of my family at the beginning of the experience:


One cool thing about the exhibit is the ice slides. The picture below is a picture of me going down the "kiddie" slide. There was a "big person" slide about twice the size of this one, but we didn't want to wait in the long line.

Below just might be next years Christmas card (oh wait... Hailey wouldn't cooperate and get in the picture... so never mind). But I do think it is a pretty cool picture.

Below is a picture of my wonderful mother, brother, and grandfather (Papa/G-pop).

Clayton had fun at the exhibit too!

In the very last room is a nativity made completely out of ICE!! It is a great way to end a fantastic exhibit and to remind you the reason for the season!

As I mentioned earlier, Hailey's feet and Mike's hands were freezing. So, after we left, we went straight to the car heater to warm them up!!! (Please ignore the insane amount of junk in the car!)

0 comments: