Friday, January 22, 2010

Handmade Princess Pillow


LOOK! I made that pillow!! I am so proud. I am definitely NOT an exprienced seamstress, but I had bought some princess fabric a while back to make Hailey something and hadn't used it yet. I saw a castle sencil at Micheal's and thought... that would be really cute on a throw pillow. First, I stenciled the castle onto freezer paper. Then I cut out each little peice.Next, I ironed the freezer paper onto the fabric, then I used spray paint to paint the fabric purple. Then, I let the paint dry and removed the freezer paper. Look how cute the castle looks!! I love it and so does Hailey! Then I just sewed the pillow, stuffed and closed it.
DONE!
Here is the back of the pillow in the princess fabric:


And a side shot:

This was a really simple, cheap, easy, and cute project! I can't wait to make more pillows for our living room!

0 comments: