Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Hobby

When I found this blog, I instantly fell in love! Ana is the creative genius behind Knock Off Wood. She designs furniture plans for the true DIYer. Her plans not only Knock-Off stores like Pottery Barn and Land of Nod, but they completely knock them out! Go visit her blog and take a look yourself.

For my first building project, I wanted something simple. I have been on the hunt for a nice inexpensive entry table for some time now. When she posted these plans for the "Easiest, Rustic, Modern Console Table Ever" I knew this was my answer. So, I headed off to Home Depot and bought the lumber and had them cut it to size.

Then, my husband and I built the table from Ana's plans and added a shelf for extra storage space. Here it is after being built. It still needs paint.


Then I sanded and painted. It took two coats of paint.
Here is the table with a lovely model.

DONE!!


I am so excited it! I turned out better than I thought it would. It was so easy to build! I can't wait to start on more building projects. Maybe a table? a bed? entertainment center? cubbies? Oh the possibilities are endless. And she posts new plans just about everyday!!

I am linking to:


2 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow it looks fairly simple and turned out looking AWESOME! I love it.

Katie Beth KELLEY said...

looks great, kelley! ;)